Monday, January 18, 2016

When Mom is gone...

A couple times a year I get to travel for my business.  I know that some work-from-home moms struggle with doing this and the "mom-guilt" that ensues.  I don't get "mom-guilt," despite my kids' best, most valiant efforts to give it to me.  (A few months ago my girls texted me over 20 times in one day while I was on a trip saying things like, "When are you coming home?", "Can you come home early?" "I miss you!")  Yes, I miss my family when I'm gone.  But the chance to leave, interact with adults, see new places, learn new things and spend some time alone is rejuvenating for me!  I always come home a better mom!  There should never be any guilt when you are doing something to help yourself become better.  That's my 2 cents.

I do like to try to make things easier for the family while I'm gone.  I pre-make as many dinners as I can fit in the freezer, make bunches of muffins for quick breakfasts and pre-pack all the school lunches.

I also spell everything out in detail for my husband...heaven knows with four kids, our schedule can be a bit chaotic!!

I just got back yesterday from an amazing trip to Dallas where I was trained, inspired, uplifted and motivated.  I also got to ride a mechanical bull (still recovering from that one!) AND see Silento live and in person (for those of you over 15, he is the singer of the "Whip Whip Nae Nae" song.  You might need to go Google it.  My husband did.)  I was gone for four and a half days and it was wonderful for all of us!!
Watch me, watch me...

All six of us learn and grow from the experience of Mom being MIA for a little while!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment