Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Clean up, clean up, everybody, everywhere....

I don't know why, but I seem simply unable to function if my house is messy.  Clearly this isn't an ideal situation when you work from home.  I'd like to say I can just retreat to my sanctuary (what I call my office), close the door and ignore it, but I really have a hard time doing any work if I know there are crumbs on the counter, dishes in the sink, dust bunnies on the floor (2 dogs, don't forget) or beds unmade.

The Sanctuary
As soon as I was making enough money from my own business I hired a cleaning service and it has been the best thing ever!!  Knowing that my house is getting a deep clean once a week takes a huge burden off my shoulders.  And they do SUCH a good job!!  (If you live in the Denver area and want their number, let me know!!)  The fact remains that with six people and two animals living in this house, I still have to spend time every day straightening up or I start to feel the anxiety building...

A quick 30 minutes of straightening up in the morning after breakfast and in the afternoon when the kids get home usually keeps things under control.  And then I try to never go to bed without the kitchen being clean and the family room put back together.  Those short bursts of cleaning really help me be able to focus and get stuff done when I sit down to get stuff done!  Now if I could figure out a laundry system...

What do you guys do to keep the house under control while trying to live in it, raise a family in it and work from it?  Or am I the only one that is kinda OCD about this?


Quick--enjoy it now before I have to start making dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment