Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Gift of Snow

Snow day in Colorado!!!!  I woke up and went to the gym like I do every day...but about an hour into my workout we got the notification that school was cancelled!  So I got to stay extra long at the gym before making the treacherous 5 minute drive back home!!

What is it about a blizzard outside that makes me want to snuggle up under a cozy quilt, turn on the fire and watch movies all day?  Anyone else?
Not Lincoln, apparently.

Oh, I do like to throw some baking in there, too.  Luckily my girls decided to make a cake...without any supervision...  "Don't worry, we'll clean it up!"  Heard that one before.


It's all about staying cozy, right?  Warm fluffy pancakes for breakfast, lots of blankets and snuggles and pretty much doing a lot of nothing at all.   I introduced the kids to Survivor, Season 1 (remember Richard Hatch?!  We didn't get to the episode where he starts walking around naked...didn't want to scar them for life.)  Now we are watching Hook.  Things like unexpected breaks in our routine don't come up all that often.  The best thing about being my own boss is being able to be completely present for my family on days like this!

Snow days are good for the soul.  



No comments:

Post a Comment